Thursday 27 September 2012

Week three of Kindergarten

We are getting there. The adjustment period seems to be coming to a close and we are all starting to see the newness permeate our household. Our meal blessing has had a few new words added in.  I have been told to shut off the water when brushing my teeth so I don't waste it.  And the songs that are sung in the classroom are sun to dolls and teddy bears in mama made forts around the living room.  But the best thing?  Crafting has begun.  The other day Narina came home with a lavender pouch.  When talking about it she mentioned she used a needle and thread to sew on the sparkles.  I was so consumed with happiness. My girl, sewing.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to have found your blog! I'm a member of the natural kids etsy team too. I also have a daughter who just started kindergarten at a waldorf school this month. While Waldorf fits our general lifestyle and philosophy, we kind of fell into the schooling so I'm learning a lot about it right now. My daughter has been singing so much more at home since school started and I love hearing her sweet songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Casey! It is such a big deal, this kindergarten stuff. It is an accumulation of a lot of dreams, money and effort. I hope your daughter thrives in the peaceful guidance that the school offers!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!