Friday 28 September 2012

Michaelmas 2012

Michaelmas is here, and after an inspiring talk at the Christian Community Church about the importance of this time of year, I feel I am moving inwards with the season.  I wrote a brief summary last year about some of the symbolism of Michaelmas.  This year we are keeping it very simple.  We are allowing for it to be a more seasonal celebration rather than a day of recognition.  This Michaelmas represents the newness of all the intentions Dan and I have put forth for our family.  School, house, community.  We spent a day helping with the gardening at school. Cleaning up, making things fresh before the quiet months of the year.  At home we made our first dragon candle. We aren't telling stories or getting too deep. We are just allowing the quiet to decend and the truth and love to permeate our hearts.  I love this time of year. It is so fertile for me.  Crafts are completed. Dreams are vivid. I hope you all have a special day. Did you know that Michaelmas is a great time to start something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!