Friday 7 September 2012

6 weeks later...

We have moved in.  We have moved on? On from the drama that this move impregnated our family with.  We are settling into our rhythm again. It has been a primary focus to get the kids grounded in their worlds and myself surrounded by community.  Both have been a success.  Actually, my heart is full of community love.  I have a friend who has shared her heart to welcome us dearly.  I have started a yoga class.  I am co-facilitating anthroposophy related courses and am completly inspired by the people I have met. 

This week has felt very vulnerable to me.  It has been the accumulation of my dreams for our family with Nairna starting school. As we packed up her wooly clothes, hats, slippers etc in her little back pack and walked our first walk to kindergarten, I felt so much joy for her.  I also felt sadness that our time alone at home has come to an end.  Although with the same breath I am so looking forward to some space to connect alone with my son and maybe even get a nap here and there.


 

In other news I managed to get a doll done this week.  She was so much fun to make.  It was for a friend of mine whose daughter is getting used to having a little brother.  As I was making this doll I enjoyed thinking of her playing with her hair and dressing her in a dress of her favorite colours.  Besides with my own children, I rarely get to see a child play with a doll I have made.  It was great to see this beautiful little girl with this doll. She didn't let go of it. She loved it the second she opened it.  My heart opened in joy.  
a
 
Esben is just on the brink of crawling.  He is so frustrated with not being able to move that he is near tears every time he tries.  But he keeps trying.  I am loving watching him grow.  He is such a content baby that these moments of frustration take me off guard.  It is also taking me off guard how I don't hear him cry like I did with Narina.  With Narina any whimper I was there.  Today Narina came into the kitchen and said that she thought Esben needed some milk (he signs it now) because he was crying.  Hmm.

Finally, and perhaps a true moment of exuberance, I found the fuse that allows us to have light in the sunroom.  Yay! 

1 comment:

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!