Tuesday 21 February 2012

Blackboard Sanity

Do you ever feel like you are playing house?  I sure do.  The fact that I am married and have two kids is surreal to me.  Then, in the surreal bubble, I lock into a part of my childhood fun that I want to incorporate into the surreal kid and husband bubble.  That is how we came up with THE BLACKBOARD WALL. I used to play house and school all in one breath (no wonder I want to homeschool) so every kitchen I played house in had a blackboard.





I have seen this on other cool mama blogs, so I am not claiming originality with this idea.  Just brilliance.  Self loving brilliance.  A friction point for Dan and I is our weekly shop and the "what are we going to have tonight for dinner (or lunch)" conversations.  We are both so tiered and hungry by meal times that having to make decisions is stressful for us both.  On top of that we are cleansing so we have a very limited diet as it is and need to plan ahead.  Menu planning was such a bore for us...until we got... THE BLACKBOARD WALL!


Now it is fun for us all as we fill in our menu plans for each day and draw little fun doodles to support our food choices with a bit of fun.  I love it and it has made all the difference for us at meal times.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!