Saturday 6 October 2012

Being thankful

This weekend is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.  It has been so long since I have celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving but I always love the reminder to take a toll of all that is good in my life.  It is especially timely this week for I have been going a bit mad with single parenting two kids who have gone off the deep end during the day and are wanting to tell me about it all night.   These are some of the things I am thankful for this week.


*my husband having a few mornings off with us here at home.  We are now nearing the halfway point of his absence and it has been so good to have naps, long showers, reprieve from insane moments, not be the only one doing the clean ups and have some support and appreciation.

*the collective consciousness I experienced at my yoga classes this week. I have been craving a group setting of women sharing, loving and mothering like this from the moment I last felt it. When I was 20 in a woman's circle in Massachusetts. 

*my new yoga teacher.  For being gentle and compassionate. For being body wise and heart wise.  For helping me find ways to be in her class.

*for the songs Narina belts out at the top of her lungs from school.  I love hearing how she doesn't know all the words but she sings loud anyways. 

*for Esben's new found freedom of movement.  Never a dull moment now, but it swells my heart to see him crawl after what he wants.

*for local storytellers

*for fresh yeast that costs pennies.

*for the mothers I have met in the last few months where co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, alternative education, and no tvs are the norm not an anomaly. 

*for the mothers in my life who aren't co-sleeping, breastfeeding, and watch lots of tv.  For your acceptance of me even though I am not the norm.

*for old friendships, best friendships, sisterhoods.

*for having the money to receive treatments on my pelvis and back and for having the skill and talent of a choice of practitioners to help me achieve my goal. 

THANK YOU. 

and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!