Tuesday 12 April 2011

Waldorf Wednesday: Learning from conversation

This past weekend I was showing at another Steiner school fair.  This time the focus for me, circumstantially, was centered around talking about the lifestyle that goes hand in hand with having children at a Waldorf school.  I talked to students, parents, grandparents and teachers.  I listened to a the class teacher, whose class I was in selling, explain the student's artwork on the walls to a group of people who had no knowledge of Steiner education at all.  It was a pretty powerful learning day for me.  In the past, these sales have brought in enough income to make them worth while.  This sale was different.  I was a bit hidden in a back room that didn't get much traffic.  The traffic it did get, though, made for a powerful day.  I am still quite tired from it, to be honest.  Even when it is positive conversations, the level at which we were all communicating was soul touching and that radiates for days.  Here are some photos:

The last of the root children


My little light running in and out of the pale colored rooms with such confidence.

A little one the same age as Narina who is being loved by a new cashmere baby bunting doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!