Tuesday 1 March 2011

Sick, Send in the Troops and the post about how my 1.5 year old learned how to sew!

I hate being sick.  I know, who doesn’t.  This week I have had a cold that has managed to go all over my body, a daughter who has had the same and a husband in Geneva.  Interestingly, Narina also had cabin fever so we wound up visiting the forest for short walks.  The fresh air felt so good.

So that being said, I have so much to be thankful for.  I had a hayday on my facebook Oast page.  “Send in the Troops” marched to my site and “liked” the living crap out of me.  It is so amazing, this community spirit. What happens is you are nominated by a peer to have a group of people come by your site and like you.  When this happens, everything you post circulates around that group.  So now, when I post new listings on Etsy, I will have over 150 people looking. 

I have had new custom offers, I have had lots of compliments.  One of the custom dolls I sent out last week was received with open arms of a giggling little six month old.  I am part of a great team of crafters called Team Handmade UK.  and I can feel the community building around my project.

Here are some photos....



I am so excited about these little guys.  The are the "Root Children"!!  Coming up with the latest flowers.  So much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice kids or no wooden toys and millet for you!